Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me and much more

What a busy week I have had.


On January 19th I celebrated my birthday with my twin sister. I had such a great day. My fiance sent me the most beautiful bunch of lilies to work and such a lovely note to go with the flowers. I had told him not to buy me anything as we just spent a lot of money on the engagement ring - but I have to tell you, receiving those flowers truly made my birthday. That night all the family got to together for coffee and birthday cake. It was one of the best birthday's ever. I even got to share the day with one of the kids in my preschool class. Her birthday was the same day and her mum made us a yummy chocolate cake to share with all the other kids.
Below is a picture of the beautiful flowers and my sister and I celebrating our birthday.
I also had to deal with a different side of getting older.................... I got my eyes tested and I am now having to wear glasses!!! I was finding it difficult to see things from afar so I got my eyes tested about 6 months ago and the optometrist said I should be fine for another 12 months. My family have been bugging me to go and see another optometrist to get a 2nd opinion, so I finally went. Straight away the 2nd optometrist said that I should have been prescibed glasses 6 months earlier. So here I am, for the first time in a long time, able to see so much clearer now. I was actually surprised at how bad my sight was. I just didn't realise it. Needless to say, I now look so much more like my twin sister who has been wearing glasses for years. No pictures of me yet.......... I am still trying to get used to how I look with glasses.
Today is Australia Day!!! Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi!!
I am celebrating Australia Day by just chilling out at home. I've gone for a couple of swims, done some reading, scrapbooking and just generally taking it easy. For lunch we had prawns - delicious. For dinner we are going to have some yummy Aussie lamb.
That's me for now.
Till next time............




No comments: