Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's been a while.

Yes, it has been months since my last blog. You ask why - well to be honest I can be very lazy but infact, I have been busy, busy, busy, and here's why.


Since my last blog I had been planning my engagement party and we actually celebrated the big event last month. It was a great night, lots of good friends and family and lots of yummy food. We hired a singer to perform on the night and he was awesome. He sang Carribean music and it reminded us of our time working on the ships. It was just perfect. Our good friends made the Engagment cake which was delicious. It was an amazing night.
We have also been househunting for the past three months. Every weekend is spent looking at open homes or setting up appointments with Real Estate agents. In the beginning it was very exciting and fun but now, three months later, I am really just over it and want my own home NOW!!! We have been looking up and down the Gold Coast for a townhouse and there are plenty out there but some in much better condition than others. Through this whole experience I have learned the following:
1. Some people just live like complete pigs and have no shame in showing their sty's the way they leave them. Would it really hurt to clean the bathroom and kitchen and throw away the garbage!!
2. Most people on the Gold Coast don't use their garages for their cars - that is where they store the crap they have no use for anymore. The amount of stuff in some people's garages is amazing.
3. Apparently it's a buyers market out there. Well, somebody needs to tell the people selling their homes at ridiculous prices!!! I am not enjoying the cat and mouse game of making offers and waiting for a response. Who made these idiotic rules for buying a house!!
Hopefully it won't be too long till we find a home. Living with my parents has been great and fun but it would be nice to have something to call our own.
Finally, my DH and I met up with two of the local football players from our local team. Scott Prince and Ashley Harrison play for the Gold Coast Titans. Usually we make an effort to go to a couple of games each season but unfortunately we haven't even had time to do that. We saw these guys at the local shopping centre.
Will try to post more regularly.
Till next time.
Jo

No comments: