Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish.......... any fish?

Last Sunday my brother, sister and I (and all our respected family) decided to head down to The Spit to go fishing. Yes, there is a place known as The Spit on the Gold Coast. Click on the link to learn more about it's name.

Sunday was another amazingly hot day - perfect weather to be by the water. Our adventure first started in the car park. The parking was on soft sand and unlike my brother and sister, we do not have a 4WD. Right now we are still borrowing my other sister's spare car (more on the car front in a later blog). Anywho, our car got stuck in the sand. My first thought, 'What a great way to start the day'. No matter what we did we couldn't move it forward and we couldn't move it backward. This reminded me so much of driving in the snow in Vancouver!! My DH suggested that we use one of the 4WD's to bump us out of the sand. I thought this was a bad idea but didn't want to say anything - I'm only a girl of course, what do I know!! Thank goodness a local could see what we were just about to do and came over to let us know that was a bad idea (told you) and that we should dig the sand from under the back tyres. My brother was absolutley no help - he had injured his finger the night before and didn't want to get sand on it. So here I am underneath the car digging the sand out from under the tyres - me and this very helpful stranger. We eventually got the car out of the sand and could start fishing.............. the story continues.










Fishing................. yeh right. As soon as we arrived at the watering hole I knew the boys were not going to be catching any fish. There were boats docked in the water, people swimming in the water and noise from the shore. Again, I didn't want to say anything, but how the heck did they think the fish would be biting - unless the fish were deaf of course. From what I understand it is best to fish in quiet surroundings. Of course I was right - there were no fish biting that day but the boys had alot of fun 'pretending' to catch fish.










The highlight for the kids was finding everything BUT fish that day. My nephews had found balls, a fork, bottles, sunglasses, etc in the water - everything but fish!!! That was the joke of the day.










After our attempt at fishing we decided to head to the nearby beach to get thrown around by the waves. We went to Main Beach were there were dogs allowed on the beach. I thought this was really cool. It was so cute to watch the dogs jumping waves too.
Another great weekend had by all in the sunshine............... I LOVE IT!
Till next time............

No comments: