Monday, December 22, 2008

A brush with fame....... and a haircut!

The one sport that I grew up watching was Rugby League. Unfortunately, (for my DH anyways) Ice Hockey is not a big sport here in Australia. Infact, ice hockey in Australia is near to non-existant - we have grass hockey but apparently that is definetly not the same if you speak to my DH.
I grew up watching Rugby League as my dad used to play it when he was younger. Now on the Gold Coast we have our very own team. To make it even better, the stadium is literally 5 minutes away from our house.

The Gold Coast team are called the Titans!! I am yet to see them play as it is off season right now. My DH and I got to meet two of the Titans as they were at our local Mall - Robina Town Centre.
My parents have season tickets to the Titan's games - I am hoping that they let us use them throughout the new year.
As for who the players are in the photo's - I have absolutely no idea - although I did find out the guy with the dark hair is Mark and he is a cutie patootie. (See, I managed to put my hand on his shoulder).
Other news in the homefront - I got a haircut!!! In these photo's I have long blonde hair - now I have short dark hair!!! It was getting so hot here and having long hair I just kept putting it up anyways. I needed a change and I love it. I am sure I will get some photo's at Christmas and will post my new look then.
A big shout out to my friend Eleonor - saw your photo's of your Christmas Light bus tour!!! You guys were freezing your butts off!!!! We celebrated Christmas by attending Carols by Candlelight at a park by the beach. What a difference a world away makes!!!
Till next time...............

1 comment:

Eleonor said...

JO, JO, JO, JO, JO, JO. Always finding the cute guys no matter where yo go. (see that rhymes.) Those guys sure have big muscles...and you got to feel them! Jealous over here. It's hot there and you have hot guys. Meantime, I'm in the deep freeze with snow up my backside. Life just isn't fair!
I sure miss ya'!!!