Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Desperate Housewife

Bree Van De Kamp - polite, polished, domestic goddess - she keeps a tidy house, bakes daily and always looks perfect. The ideal housewife?? There are two sides to this woman - she is a member of the NRA (National Rifle Association), she can be a snob and most of all when push comes to shove she can be a right royal B*$#@!! I LOVE this woman!! I don't know her personally but have come to love her character on the t.v show Desperate Houswives.

What I mostly love about her are the more likeable characteristics. I would love to be able to keep house like she does, cook like she does, be artsy and creative like her and most of all - host dinner parties like she does.

Today I got the urge to bake and be creative and to host my sister to lunch - I was Bree Van De Kamp for a brief moment in time.

A day in the life of Bree (or more realiastically ME):

Hosting Lunch:

My twin sister came over to the house to study today. She has a little one at home and she is graduating this year and exams are coming up so she came to the house for some peace and quiet. Come lunch time my DH and I decided to surprise her and make her lunch - she had been studying all morning and needed a break. While my DH made roast beef sandwiches I whipped together a salad and then we set up the outside table for lunch. My sister was so grateful and impressed. It was funny - she actually thought we did this every weekend for lunch, I told her she just came on the right day.
Being Creative:
My nephews birthday is coming up next weekend and I had already bought his present but needed to make a card for him. I really had the creative juices flowing today and put together an adorable card for him. I also made some extra cards and am thinking of selling them. I haven't bought suppplies in such a long time and am still using stuff that I have around the house. I have taken a picture of the card I made - I think it's cute - what do you all think?
Baking:
I decided to bake some cookies for the staff at work. I chose Anzac biscuits - as next weekend is Anzac day so I thought it was appropriate. Also, we had lots of passionfruits at home so I made some cookies with passionfruit in them. If I do say so myself, both batches of cookies turned out really well. Here is a picture that you can drool over.
Well, there it is. My day as Bree Van De Kamp. I also managed to do the ironing, sit with my husband and enjoy the UFC and have a boxing session with my DH later that night. Not bad for one day.
Till next time...................

No comments: