Sunday, October 5, 2008

Being Creative

I have made a few more cards this week for upcoming events.

The first one is a 'Thank You' card that I have made for one of my boxing/Jiu Jitsu instructors. The card actually worked out really well and I love the colours that I have chosen too. The paper I used is from Kaiser Crafts - the same paper I have used in a previous post. I also used a stamp from Inkadinkadoo but realized after I had stamped the image that I needed to cut it out in an oval shape - a regular rectangular shape just wouldn't do. I bought one of the Marvy oval punches for this. I really like the look of this card - a little ribbon and a flower, done!!


We actually just got in the Nestabilities from Spellbinder on Friday at Clipper Street. Why did I bring these up - let me explain. Nestabilities work with the Cuttlebug machine (I just got one of these at work too). They are dies of different shapes the fit into each other and I have decided that I am going to buy the square scallop set and the rectangle scallop set - if there are any left at Clipper Street tomorrow. The great thing about these is that instead of buying one sized punch you can buy a whole set of dies - great for if you have a die cut machine.

Back to my cards. I made this card for my Dad's birthday which is on October 12th. I used this really cute stamp from Stampendous - I love this monkey, there are quite a few stamps with this monkey on it. I just water coloured the sky and grass with my watercolour brush - I don't usually like this look because I can never get it right - but I am quite pleased with how this turned out.

That's it for tonight........

Only 12 more sleeps to the move Down Under....

Till next time..........




No comments: