Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Have A Job!!!

Well my DH and I have been in Australia for less than 2 weeks and got the phone call we have been waiting for – we are now employed!!!! It didn’t take us long at all – infact out of over 100 resumes that came in and after about 7 possible candidates going in for an interview, my DH and I were the two chosen and we couldn’t be happier. We will be working for a bank here on the Gold Coast – in two different branches though. I am really looking forward to learning something completely new and moving ahead with a new career goal. We start our jobs next Wednesday in our branches and then we have to commute to Brisbane the following week for 5 days for training in their head office. For those who don’t know, Brisbane is about 1 hour away from where I live. It is the capital of Queensland, which is the State I live in.

That’s enough Geography for one blog……..

This morning my twin sister, Netty and my niece, Olivia came to pick us up and we headed down to a suburb called Nobby’s Beach where I went to surprise one of my very good High School friends, at work. My friend Melissa and her husband own a bakery and we thought it would be a good idea to just walk into the bakery and surprise her. Well, she wasn’t working today but as we arrived her husband was on the phone to her and he called me over to talk to her. She dropped what she was doing at home and came to meet us at the bakery. It was so good to see her………. She is one of the sweetest people I know, a good friend, kind-hearted and such a darling. We chatted for a bit before our busy day continued.

While on the way home my niece had a MAJOR explosion in her diaper ………. I mean MAJOR!! I forgot how stinky diapers can get. So when we got home we put her in the bathtub for a bit and then I got to dress her and do her hair. I know it sounds silly but I love playing hairdressers so I took advantage of doing her hair and she loved it. She looks just like I did when I was her age.

This Saturday we are celebrating Olivia’s 3rd birthday. I am excited that I get to be here for it. Tomorrow we are going to head over to Netty’s place to get the yummy treats ready. Chocolate Crackles, cupcakes, etc…………. all the things that I shouldn’t be eating and probably won’t be eating. I am so worried about putting all the weight I lost back on again so I am being extra careful. Will let you know how the party goes.

We met up with my brother and sister-in-law for lunch at Hooters!! I know, I know………. Hooters!! But they have pretty good food there and I know that my DH can get the hot wings that he likes so much there too. I was surprised to hear that there was a Hooters on the Gold Coast but it isn’t as bad as it sounds – really.

Till next time…………….

1 comment:

Eleonor said...

Congrats Jo! I knew it wouldn't take long before some lucky company snatched you up!