Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Busy Weekend

This weekend just flew by. We had lots planned over the weekend so I think that is why it went by so fast.

I was lucky enough to have Saturday, Sunday and Monday off - which was awesome.

On Saturday I went shopping with my MIL. We got a 40% off one item coupon for Old Navy (one of my favourite stores) so we went out to use it. I have been meaning to purchase new pants for a while now as I have lost a bit of weight and nothing is fitting right anymore. I found a great pair of pants that I thought I could wear for work - but the icing on the cake was that I think I confused the clerk and she gave me 40% off all my items. I ended up getting three pairs of pants for $50. I thought that was a steal of a deal - literally.

Saturday night was UFC 88!! One of my favourite fighters, Chuck Liddell was fighting that night and I was really looking forward to him knocking his opponent out. Unfortunately, that is not what happened. Please watch the video to see the shocking KNOCKOUT.



On Sunday, my DH and I went to training at the gym. We were grappling and sparring for about 2 hours and I was pooped at the end of it. It was an awesome workout though and I do feel like I am getting more and more stronger each day.

Finally Sunday night we went over to our friends, Juan and Mariyln for dinner. We used to work with Juan and Marilyn on Disney Cruise Line and they now live about 45 minutes away. It is nice to have good friends from our ship life living so close.

That was our weekend - as you can see I was tired and couldn't wait to crawl into bed Sunday night.

As for Monday - I am goodness - let's just say I was aching all day Tuesday. We did a boxing class and then went right into a Jiu Jitsu class on Monday night. I was totally done then.

Till next time......

No comments: