Friday, September 26, 2008

If you love LOVE STORIES................

I am totally in love with the way Nicholas Spark's writes his novels. I have read quite a few of his books in the last few years and I never want them to end. Infact, I purposely make them last quite a while so that I can imagine my own ending and pro-long the love story I am reading.

Currently I am reading his book, 'Dear John'. I am down to the last 80 pages and the story is getting to the really good 'lovey dovey' part. The basis of this story is that John falls in love with a girl he meets while on leave from the Armed Forces. He has to leave her to go back to work but they remain a couple - as best they can - for another couple of years. They eventually break up, his father passes away, he comes back to town and they see each other again. I won't tell you what happens next. I can't tell you what happens next as that is the part I am up to in the book too.......... I can't wait to see if they fall in love again. Oh God I sound like a teenager - but I realy love these kinds of books.

I have also read, and totally recommend, the following books by Nicholas Sparks:

The Notebook (fantastic movie too)
Message In A Bottle
A Walk To Remember
Nights In Rodanthe
The Wedding (this has been my favourite so far)

They have just made Nights in Rodanthe into a movie too that came out this week. It stars Diane Lane (who I think is an amazing actress) and Richard Gere. I can't wait to see this movie.



So, girls, if you are up for a good love story, pick up a Nicholas Spark's novel.

Till next time........

No comments: