Saturday, September 27, 2008

A couple of cards.........

This morning I had some time to make a few cards. I have decided that I will make an effort to make two of each card that I design so that I always have a copy. I tried doing this a while ago but for some reason never actually followed through with it. Today I actually made doubles of the two cards I made - it is always good to have spares at home - you just never know when you will need them.

The first card is a thank you card I made using a stamp set from Inkadinkadoo. The stamp set is called Expressions and Frames and is one of their clear stamp sets. I love this set as you can change the greeting in the centre with a variety of frames. I coloured the stamp in with my new copic markers. These markers are awesome - one of my new favourite things. They don't leave any lines when you colour an image and they come in ALOT of colours and variations of colours. Again, I used my Fiskars threading water border punch - love this tool. The most exciting part of this card though, is the paper. We just got in a brand new paper line from Australia - Kaiser Craft!! The paper I chose was from Sublime - it is a mixture of black, white and a really cool shade of green. I also just checked out their website and found two stores in Australia that sells this paper - the stores are about 20 minutes from where I will be living in Australia so I am very excited about that.




The second card is also a thank you card. I got this really, really cute stamp set - again from Inkadinkadoo. How cute is this Chiahuahua - I used the copic markers to colour in the stamp image, except the red, I used a gelly pen. The paper I used was from Scenic Route Paper Company and it was from their Sonoma line. Another really cute card that didn't take too long to make. As you can see I had a fun morning card making.............. more to come.
Till next time...........

No comments: