Saturday, July 5, 2008

Those three little words............

Now, when I decided to move to Canada there was one main hesitation I had - and it wasn't the obvious of missing my family. That is a given........... of course I am going to miss them. The thing that concerned me the most was not seeing my nephews and neices grow up. For some reason I thought that they would forget who I am and not think about me. Well I was so wrong. My older nephews always want to talk to me on the phone - even at 10 and 8 years old they miss me and always ask when I will be coming home.



Since moving to Canada both my sister's have had babies that I haven't even met yet - two little girls that I cannot wait to meet. This is where my concern came true - these two little angels won't know who I am and will probably take a while to warm up to me when I get to meet them. On a positive side of things - my twin sister's little girl will see pictures of me and think it is her Mommy - it's going to be funny to see what happens when we are both in the same room as her. Poor little thing will be thinking she is seeing double!!



So anyways, I had the best phonecall yesterday. My brother in Australia called me to see how I was doing and we chatted on the phone for a while. During the conversation my 6 year old nephew wanted to say hi to me. I haven't seen Andre' in nearly three years and I feel like I have kinda missed seeing him grow up. When I left he was quiet and shy and now he always wants to have long conversations and tell me about school and what he has been up to.



My brother had told him that it was time to say goodbye to me and before passing the phone to his dad he said those magical three words that always get to me. Without any prompting and in his sweet voice he said 'I Love You'. I just melted and got a little teary............as I tend to do.






I love you too, Andre'

No comments: