Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some quick cards..........

At Clipper Street, we have started getting some new product into the stores and it is one of the most exciting parts of my job, but also the hardest. Imagine seeing all this new stuff come into the store and you have to stop yourself from buying it all. That is what I have to do nearly every single day.


When I first started working at Clipper Street I am sure that 1/2 my paycheck would go right back to the company. After a while I realised that this just wasn't going to work out, actually it was my DH who basically said 'Stop spending money at Clipper Street'. Now I have learnt to buy supplies ONLY when I need them. I have actually done very well. I find that buying like this is better for me as I don't have too much paper laying around that I know I won't end up using.


So, back to some of that new paper we got in at work. We got the new Christmas and Valentine's line from American Crafts and it is gorgeous. I got a couple of sheets of the Christmas paper as it is very seasonal and may all be gone soon. As for the Valentine's line - well I bought the paper for a very girl birthday card. Soooooooooo cute!! Below is a Birthday card that I made as soon as I got home.




One of the patterned paper's I used had cupcakes all over it so I cut one out and I used white liquid applique on it. I know it is hard to see but basically the white liquid applique makes the icing on the cupcake look real.




The second patterned paper I used had polka dots all over it - as you can see. I love using polka dots - it is one of my favourite patterns to use.






This is a card that I made last week but hadn't posted yet.


I used Heidi Swapp paper, which I just loved. (There are those damn polka dots again).


I had bought the chick stamp a while ago, back in Easter time. I don't make Easter cards but loved the chick and thought I could use it for a birthday care - so I did. I just watercoloured him yellow. Isn't he cute - he looks like he is dancing.


To give the card a different look I used an inverted corner rounder on the first layer. These corner rounders are hard to find - I bought the last one from Clipper Street a while back and we haven't been able to re-stock them since.





Till next time.................