Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Baby is coming............. and a creative moment



My Husband's youngest sister is about to give birth any moment now!! She was due on the 5th, I was hoping she would share a birthday with Madison on the 6th, but still nothing!!!


With a baby coming soon I see that as an opportunity to be creative and make a gift. A few months ago one of our very creative teacher's at Clipper Street came up with this gorgeous idea (as seen in the photo's to the right). I changed it up slightly to make it somewhat my own.


The project is an accordian book that comes in a box - this item can be purchased at Clipper Street - and is quite a popular item.


So, the idea is that you decorate the box with patterned paper and cardstock and then you decorate the accordian. With this being a baby book I have kept a page of the accordian for each of the months of the first year of the baby's life.


The paper's that I have used are from SEI - they came up with such a cute baby boy and baby girl line. I bought the corresponding rub-ons that go with this line and used them throughout the accordian.

Clipper Street is also selling a gorgeous baby boy and baby girl layout kit. Just check out Clipperstreetonline.com to see a picture of it!! So cute............makes me want to have a baby!!!

Till next time..........
























No comments: